Situated just off the coast of Cairns, Fitzroy Island is a wonderful destination that acts as natural a shelter for a huge variety of coral species and fish, inadvertently creating a wonderfully gorgeous tourist attraction in the process. There are many tour and activity options that can be enjoyed on Fitzroy Island; snorkelling is particularly popular due to its large fringing reef which runs down to a jetty and provides an excellent ranged and variety of corals and fish to view, while there are walking trails which are popular on the island’s northern end that head up to the lighthouse located on the island’s north-west peak. There are regular ferry transfers which will take you there within around 45 minutes – some of which include lunch options – and once on the island you can book optional extras such as sea kayaking, various equipment hire and activity packages, or perhaps a glass-bottom boat tour.
- Fitzroy Island ferry transfers
- Fitzroy Island ferry transfer with lunch
- Fitzroy Activity Package (snorkelling OR glass bottom boat tour)
- Fitzroy Dual Activity Package (snorkelling AND glass bottom boat tour)
- Fitzroy Island Sea Kayaking Tour